Saturday, May 23, 2009

LAST NIGHT from 11:00 PM to 11:46 pm

I had war with 10 stinkbugs last night, including PAPA stinkbug. Ha, you may be confused but whatever. Anyway, so there is this lamp in my house (it has one of those "energy saving" light bulbs which I think they're attracted to) and there were seven of them in there. This was a record for me because I have never seen SEVEN stinkbugs in that lamp, at most three, but never seven. So I see one crawling on the outside of the lampshade, the others were inside. I shook the lampshade and they all started flying... They eventually landed back to their spots. So there I am with a softball cleat and Windex in my hand and I really could not hit any of them yet because they were in the lampshade and the one that's on the outside was in a weird spot. So I decide to spray it with Windex...It did not die. I heard from my brother that cinnamon kills them and keeps them away---but it does not keep them away because I have bowls of cinnamon around my house and I still have a billion. So I went into my kitchen got my cinnamon. I started squeezing it so that the powder was like a smoke going into the air. It did not really work. (I'M GETTING REALLY QUEEZY TALKING ABOUT ALL OF THIS) So I decide, what the heck----why not pour cinnamon on the stinkbug. So I poured it and it struggled and fell to the ground. I got the cleat and killed it. Okay now for the other seven. I threw cinnamon up the lampshade and it didn't do anything. So I kept wiggling it and hitting the lampshade with the cleat and they all eventually fell and died. So after I finally killed them, I was proud and happy and felt successful, but then ... they came. Three others, including the biggest one I ever saw.. AKA -- PAPA STINKBUG.. and were flying for a little....at that point I am having a total melt down and am having a panic attack. I eventually kill two, but the big one... GRRR I HATE IT.. would not die. I hit it and was like, okay if this bug crawls away after I just beat the life out of it, then Im pissed.... So I wait like 10 seconds and it starts to crawl away.. I got so mad and just sprayed Windex and then dumped a whole lot of the cinnamon on it. YES! VICTORY! ... I think not... I made that huge mess.. had a panic attack.. all for nothing.. because the next morning I woke up.. and guess what I saw flying around.. FIVE NEW STINKBUGS! oh.. what a joy (sarcastically speaking) Wow, I literally pray in church that these stinkbugs will go away. I know they only really come in Fall and Spring but they're still there...hibernating in the winter and summer. Please....GOD HELP THIS WORLD BE RID OF STINKBUGS! ha, I hate them.

8 comments:

  1. It's September, and that signifies that stink bugs will again be trying to invade my home, looking for a nice warm place to spend the winter.

    This year I'm trying electrocution as my method of elimination. I bought several Harbor Freight bug zapper paddles (ITEM 40122-2VGA Electronic Fly Swatter) on sale. Make sure you get the ones that work on D-cells.

    The paddles make quick work of the stink bugs. In most cases the bugs are zapped before they can emit their awful smell.

    By the way, if you are unfortunate enough to get the stink on your
    hands, try coconut oil to neutralize the odor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you have stink bugs, but I'm relieved to see that there are other people out there who spray Windex on them out of desperation! I googled "I hate stinkbugs" this morning after a particularly sad Windex battle and found your site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I soooo understand! This mid morning outa the blue, i see no other that an ugly brown stinkbug, i haven't seen alot lately but today! AHHHHHH! There were like five on my window next to my bed! I went to lay down and thats when iI noticed them. And when I say next to my bed i mean right bext to my bed! So then I googled "how to get rid of stink bugs" and all this stuff came up with like stink bugs are blah blah blah stink bugs come from blah blah blah stinkbugs come from blah blah blah! I DON'T CARE WHERE THEY CAME FROM! I JUST WANT TO GET RID OF THEM!!! AHHHHH! omg one just flew over near my foot! GAMMIT YOU GUKIN STINKBUGS!!!! oh and ps im like young so like thats why im like saying like and omg and stuff like that:) so sorry any english teachers out there who want to correcct mee:) oh and i said gammit and guck cause i cant say bad words like the d and f word:) oh and i also say "AH TURDS!" im trying to quit but i cant:) oh srry went off track there:) but seriously if u know any way to get rid of them tell me PLEASE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. www.domyownpestcontrol.com has professional products for stinkbugs that are phenomenal. They have a stinkbug kit: http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/overwintering-kit-for-stink-bugs-lady-bugs-boxelder-bugs-etc-p-1278.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think stink bugs are adorable, personally. If they weren't garden pests I would completely love them and willingly offer them shelter!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep trying marie! Windex REALLY does kill them! I promise! Ive been dealing with them here too and they are LITERALLY making me sick! Buy the "up & up" brand from target - it has a "stream" setting. It will SOAK them in 2 or three sprays. I've discovered that if you get it on their face, or underneath of them (where their shell isn't as hard) they die much faster! You do have to wait 1 or two minutes, but eventually, they will twitch and go belly up or fall off of whatever they are climbing. YUCK! Getting sick just thinking about it. PUKE.... please don't give up! They need to DIE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,I totally feel your pain! I am traumatized about stinkbugs.I heard they like hybernating in curtains, they are attracted to light, and they lay eggs in plants(just giving some information incase you didnt know). And just this morning i woke up with 3 in my curtin and guess what?? I was there standing with windex in my hand, eyebolling the little brown creatures. So i start spraying them like crazy!!! So then i go to the bathroom, take a shower,and when i came back........there it was frozen like an ice cube. YES I SUCCESFULLY DID IT!!! So for now on i will be you using my windex!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really hate also stink bugs, they infest in our house at night. they are so creepy and nasty..

    ReplyDelete